GEORGIA 10, Kentucky 3
- Georgia entered the game having gone an FBS-leading 28 consecutive offensive possessions without scoring a touchdown, but scored a touchdown on its second possession of the game. Kentucky kept the Bulldogs’ offense out of the end zone for their final five possessions of the half.
- Freshman receiver Terry Godwin, who entered the game having no carries on the season, rushed four times for 26 yards in the first half, including running for the game’s lone touchdown thus far.
- After recovering just one opposing fumble in their first six SEC games this season, the Wildcats recovered two Georgia fumbles in the first half.
- After completing nearly 60 percent of his passes for the season for an average of nearly 240 passing yards per game, Kentucky standout quarterback Patrick Towles was limited in the first half to 3-of-13 passing for 38 yards, and a interception.
- Entering the game, the Wildcats were averaging nearly 13 points per game in the first half of games this season, but have been held to only a field goal in the first half—one which resulted after the Bulldogs lost a fumble on their own 20-yard line.
- Brice Ramsey, who became the first Georgia player to see significant action at quarterback and punter in the same game since Kirby Moore in 1967, has now punted 8 times for an impressive 45-yard average this season.