GEORGIA 7, Georgia Southern 7
- Entering last week, Georgia sophomore Isaiah McKenzie had scored four career touchdowns—all on returns. The last 1½ games, McKenzie has scored three touchdowns—one via return and two rushing.
- Malcolm Mitchell lost a critical first-half fumble—the Bulldogs’ ninth lost fumble this season in 10½ games. Last year, Georgia lost only seven fumbles in 13 games.
- After back-to-back games of Georgia throwing for less than 100 yards for the first time since the 1990 season, quarterback Greyson Lambert surpassed the 100-yard passing mark against the Eagles by early in the second quarter.
- After Georgia’s defense yielded just 14 rushing yards on eight carries to Georgia Southern in the first quarter, the Eagles remarkably rushed for 122 yards on 18 carries in the second quarter.
- Before missing a 31-yard field goal in the first half, GSU’s Younghoe Koo had been a perfect 4-for-4 kicking field goals on the season.
- With two punts for a 47-yard average in the first half, Georgia’s Brice Ramsey has punted 14 times this season for a 45.3 average.