Vanderbilt 7, GEORGIA 6
- Starting right cornerback Deandre Baker was spotted during the Dawg Walk wearing a white case/boot on his right foot and using crutches. He missed the first half of today’s game, and is seemingly out with an undisclosed injury. Former starter Juwuan Briscoe started in his spot.
- The line closed with Georgia as a 14-point favorite over Vanderbilt. Including today and since 1965, the Bulldogs have been favored over the Commodores in Athens by 14 points or less on only six occasions in 26 meetings.
- After completing just 5 of 17 passes for 29 yards last Sunday at South Carolina, quarterback Jacob Eason was 9 of 16 for 150 yards in the first half today.
- After rushing for 326 yards while averaging 6.5 yards per carry at South Carolina, and Vanderbilt entered allowing 4.8 yards per rush this season, the Bulldogs rushed for just 54 yards in the first half, averaging only 2.5 yards per carry.
DEFENSE/ SPECIAL TEAMS
- After allowing its last four opponents to average 414 total yards, Georgia’s defense yielded just 64 yards of total offense in the first half.
- In the first half, Vanderbilt returned two kickoffs for 124 yards, including a 95-yarder to open the ballgame. Georgia has allowed opponents to average 26.3 yards per kickoff return this season (630 on 24), which currently ranks in school history as the second-highest KOR allowed in a season, trailing only 1962 when the Bulldogs yielded a 28.9 KOR average (665 on 23).
- Junior linebacker Lorenzo Carter registered two sacks in the first half, giving him four in the last three games after not tallying a single sack in 17 consecutive games dating back to the beginning of the 2015 campaign.