GEORGIA 24, South Carolina 13
- With Georgia scoring only a field goal in the first quarter, the Bulldogs’ streak of scoring a touchdown in 14 consecutive quarters dating back to last season ended.
- After completing 0 of 5 passes in the first half against Vanderbilt a week ago, Greyson Lambert was nearly perfect in the first half tonight, completing 14 of 15 passes for 190 yards, a touchdown, and no interceptions.
- With his 2-yard scoring run early in the second quarter, Nick Chubb has scored 16 touchdowns in his 11 starts as a Bulldog, which is the same number of touchdowns Herschel Walker scored in his first 11 starts at Georgia from 1980-1981.
- After allowing an average of 37 points to the Gamecocks their last four meetings (2011-2014), the Bulldogs limited South Carolina to 13 points in the first half.
- Georgia’s defense limited the ‘Cocks to 150 total yards in the first half, while the Bulldogs’ offense gained 323.
- After just 28 percent of Georgia’s kickoffs went for touchbacks in 2013 and 2014 combined (52 of 185), 53 percent (9 of 17) have been touchbacks thus far this season in 2½ games.
- The Bulldogs uncharacteristically had an opponent have success on kickoff returns, allowing the Gamecocks 106 yards on three returns in the first half.