GEORGIA 20, Southern 6
- GREYSON LAMBERT missed on his third pass attempt of the game, breaking his streak of 22 consecutive pass completions. However, he’d complete his next four attempts before the half. Since halftime of the Vanderbilt game, Lambert has remarkably completed 41 of his 46 pass attempts.
- Limited to 31 rushing yards on 9 attempts in the first half, NICK CHUBB may have his work cut out for him in the second half to increase his consecutive 100-yard rushing streak to 12 games.
- With his 6-yard touchdown run, SONY MICHEL leads Georgia with touchdowns scored on the season with six (three rushing, three receiving)—the same total he had for the entire 2014 season (five rushing, one receiving).
- Southern’s elusive WILLIE QUINN, who entered the game averaging 165.7 all-purpose yards per game and nearly 27 yards every time he touched the ball, has gained 93 all-purpose yards in the first half, while averaging 15.5 yards per touch.
- After allowing opponents to average just 3.1 yards per rush through the first three games, Georgia’s RUSH DEFENSE allowed Southern 5.1 yards per carry (16-81) in the first half.
- After not blocking a single punt during both the 2013 and 2014 seasons, MALKOM PARRISH’s tipped punt in the first quarter was Georgia’s third blocked punt in just 3½ games this season.
- MARSHALL MORGAN’s two first-half field goals equaled his total for the Bulldogs’ first three games this season.