GEORGIA 24, Tennessee 17
- NICK CHUBB suffered what looked to be like a critical knee injury on the first offensive play of the game. The last time Georgia played in Knoxville in 2013, three Bulldogs suffered game-ending knee injuries, two of which (Keith Marshall and Justin Scott-Wesley) wound up missing the rest of the season, and another (Michael Bennett) would miss the next two games.
- After gaining just 15 total yards on its first 11 offensive plays of the game, the GEORGIA OFFENSE gained 143 yards on their next 11 plays.
- At the half, SONY MICHEL has already rushed for 124 yards on 13 carries—the second 100-yard rushing performance of his Georgia career, and the first since September of last season.
- LEONARD FLOYD’s 96-yard fumble return for a touchdown marked the third fumble return for a score of 90+ yards in UGA’s modern era: Damian Swann returned a fumble 99 yards for a touchdown vs. Georgia Tech just last season and, a dozen years ago on this same field, Sean Jones returned a 92-yarder at Tennessee.
- After the Georgia defense either forced a turnover or Tennessee to punt for six of the Vols’ first seven offensive possessions, Tennessee scored TOUCHDOWNS on their final two possessions of the half.
- REGGIE DAVIS’ 70-yard punt return for a touchdown marked Georgia’s sixth kick return for a score—3 kickoffs, 3 punts—in just its last 17 games dating back to last season.
- Georgia’s COLLIN BARBER and Tennessee punter Trevor Daniel have combined for a 46.9-yard punting average on seven punts in the first half.