DAWGTIME’s HALFTIME TIDBITS
Frogs 16, DAWGS 14
- The Liberty Bowl’s point spread closed with TCU being a 3-point favorite, marking just the fourth time in Georgia’s last 26 bowl appearances that the Bulldogs were considered the underdog.
- Georgia entered the game having scored in every one of its bowl games. The Bulldogs having scored in 51 straight bowl appearances is an NCAA record (tied with Alabama).
- Jacob Eason’s 77-yard completion to Isaiah McKenzie in the first quarter marked the quarterback’s sixth completion this season of 50+ yards (after Georgia did not complete a pass for 50 yards in both 2014 and 2015).
- Entering with 988 rushing yards this year, Nick Chubb rushed 6 times for 13 yards in the first half, making him only the third Georgia player in history to have two or more seasons with 1,000 rushing yards.
- Sony Michel’s two touchdowns in the first half marked the first time since the fourth game of last season vs. Southern that the junior tailback scored two-plus touchdowns in a single game.
DEFENSE /SPECIAL TEAMS
- TCU’s missed field goal late in the second quarter marked only the third time in 41 red-zone trips this season Georgia’s opponent did not score.
- Before the Horned Frogs’ missed PAT in the first half, Georgia’s opponents had made 46 consecutive PATs dating back to last season.
- Reggie Davis had four kickoff returns in the first half, giving the senior receiver 46 kickoff returns for his career, which ranks as the fifth-most in school history.