Florida 14, GEORGIA 10
- The line closed with Florida as a 6½-point favorite. The last time the Gators were favored by as much in this rivalry was in 2012 when they were also favored by 6½ points, resulting in a 17-9 Georgia upset victory.
- After 33 consecutive Georgia-Florida games whereby one of the teams wore visiting white jerseys (the 1970 game had been the last time both wore colored jerseys), the Bulldogs and Gators have now both worn solid-colored jerseys in three consecutive meetings (2014-2016).
- After Florida’s first six opponents this season scored merely 13 combined points against the Gators in the first half, Georgia tallied 10 first-half points.
- Following a rushing performance of only 75 yards on 35 carries against Vanderbilt, the Bulldogs totaled just 19 yards on 13 rushes in the first half versus the Gators.
- After allowing 676 combined rushing yards, and 6.3 yards per carry, to the Gators in 2014 and 2015, Georgia has yielded only 49 rushing yards on 20 rushes in the first half.
- In the first half, Florida’s average starting field position in seven possessions is roughly its own 40-yard line compared to the Bulldogs’ average start of around their own 27-yard line.
- After Georgia made just 3 of its first 8 field-goal attempts on the season, the Bulldogs have now been successful on 5 consecutive tries—all attempted by Rodrigo Blankenship.
- After allowing the Gators 55 yards on two kickoff returns, Georgia’s kickoff coverage this season has yielded a staggering 26.3 yards per return.